This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth pairing code multiple times a day

My wife's Venu SQ Music displays a Bluetooth pairing code at least 3 times a day. I've tried all the solutions I can find on line which include deleting the Bluetooth cache and data on her paired phone (Samsung Galaxy A31) and then running setup again. 

The Venu was paired correctly via setup in the Garmin Connect app and not using the Bluetooth system app.

Has anybody else experienced this and if so did you resolve it?

• Mine does the same thing. Driving me completely crazy!

• Mine does the same thing over and over and nothing helps

• Unfortunately this didn't get resolved. Garmin had the watch for four weeks in Kuala Lumpur but it was escalated to HQ in Taiwan for resolution. I was informed that they couldn't recreate the issue and that there are so may different Android platforms that it's almost impossible to take them all into account when developing software. Basically no prospect of a fix.

In the end I opted for a change of watch and paid the difference to upgrade to a Vivoactive 4s. Since exchanging the device it has synced flawlessly with the same phone. This indicates to me that the issue is definitely specific to the Venu SQ.

For the sake of sanity I'm glad I'm rid of it!

Good luck with a resolution!

• Damn - thanks for the update.

• Don't get your hopes too high, I had the same problem with my Vivosmart 4. It seems the watches work well for a couple of months and then this problem occurs. On the Vivosmart 4 the problem even got worse: the watch disappeared completely out of the app! Then I could upgrade to Venu sq....and after a while the same thing happened.

Someone created an app to reconnect the watch automatically but this didn't solve the problem now either, very sorry to say.

• I purchased the Venu SQ for my wife for Christmas and paired it with her new Samsung A22. The next day at work she said every couple of minutes it wanted to re pair the SQ it was driving her crazy. This is the only way I've managed to fix the issue so far and I'm no tech guru. I uppaired the SQ through the bluetooth settings on the phone and then turned off the bluetooth on the phone. If you don't turn it off it will keep sending a new pairing code every 10 seconds and drive you bonkers. Open the Garmin connect app and click the find my device. It will prompt that the Bluetooth isn't switched on. Turn on the Bluetooth using the prompt while in the Garmin Connect app. As soon as the Bluetooth was activated I again got the pairing code which i then entered. The SQ was then visible in the Garmin connect app and it hasn't requested to be paired again since .....7-8 days have since passed

• I purchased the Venu SQ for my wife for Christmas and paired it with her new Samsung A22. The next day at work she said every couple of minutes it wanted to re pair the SQ it was driving her crazy. This is the only way I've managed to fix the issue so far and I'm no tech guru. I uppaired the SQ through the bluetooth settings on the phone and then turned off the bluetooth on the phone. If you don't turn it off it will keep sending a new pairing code every 10 seconds and drive you bonkers. Open the Garmin connect app and click the find my device. It will prompt that the Bluetooth isn't switched on. Turn on the Bluetooth using the prompt while in the Garmin Connect app. As soon as the Bluetooth was activated I again got the pairing code which i then entered. The SQ was then visible in the Garmin connect app and it hasn't requested to be paired again since .....7-8 days have since passed

• All-

We are aware of an issue where the Garmin Connect mobile app will prompt the watch to display a pairing code as if it were not paired and connected via Bluetooth.  Please be sure to update your Garmin Connect mobile app, remove and then re-pair your watch. 

Installing, Updating and Uninstalling the Garmin Connect App

How Do I Remove a Device From the Garmin Connect App?

Instructions to Pair a Garmin Fitness Device to a Smartphone

If you are still experiencing this issue after these steps, please start a new thread in the forum for the Garmin Connect mobile app, instead of the Venu Sq forum.