This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Turning the display back on by gesture, and Do Not Disturb mode

I have my watch set up so that the display will be turned back on by gesture. According to the manual (p19), this feature is de-activated during the sleep window - I can see the sense in that.

However, it appears that the gesture feature is de-activated not only during the sleep window but whenever the watch is in Do Not Disturb mode. This is not so convenient.

Would it be possible to enhance the choice of settings for turning the display back on so that the gesture would also work with the watch in Do Not Disturb mode, except during the sleep window? That would be much more convenient, in my view.

• Yeah the two go hand in hand (do not disturb mode and screen off).  You can just hold the A button and turn off blue tooth which would effectively do what you’re wanting I think.  You wouldn’t receive any notifications but your gesture would still work.  

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply and confirming what I thought.

Your suggestion would work in some situations, but not in others. For example, I might have the Venue in Do Not Disturb mode while listening to music on my phone and controlling it from my watch. So what you suggest is, I think, a partial workaround rather than a solution.

The actual solution would be for the settings to provide an additional option of having the gesture disabled (a) whenever DND is on or (b) only during the sleep window. I don't think that would be difficult to implement.

• This is quite unfortunate that you have to turn off “do not disturb” to access this ability. I like having the ability of no vibration for notifications because it drains the battery with the haptic ability. Quite unfortunate

• You can just turn off the notifications if thats what you’re trying to prevent?

• You can turn off vibrations under system settings.  This will give you your notifications without the haptic ability.