This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Flickering screen

I have just bought a Venu SQ and the screen is flickering both when the time is showing and when I am navigating through functions. Will there be a software update to fix this - or will I have to return my device?

Thanks for any help.

Adrian

• Mine doesn't show such symptoms, so it's unlikely to be a fixable software issue. Try rebooting the watch, and if this does not help, contact garmin support (or return the device, if possible), as it is probably broken.

• Just got another idea.

AFAIK, the venu has a light sensor which is used to adjust display brightness to lighting conditions. Indeed, sometimes I see the display brightness fluctuate a bit, although I would not call it flickering. Perhaps this is the phenomenon you see.

• Thank you, that’s very helpful. A

• Hello! The device should not be flickering. Can you reset the device by going into the settings of the device. If there is no change we need to look into getting the device exchanged. Keep me updated and we can work together if there is no improvement 

• Hello Amber, Thank you for your assistance in this. I have done a complete reset and reconnected etc to my Garmin app on my iPhone. In the lowest brightness setting, the problem mostly goes away but in the medium or higher brightness, I think the display is constantly adjusting itself to a lower level which creates the flickering effect. Not quite sure how to proceed... am wondering if I should have stuck to one of the non-touch screen running watches in the range. Please advise.

Many thanks,

Adrian

• Are you able by chance to video the issue and post it here?

• I'll have a go tomorrow... it seems to be reacting to light so constantly switching its own level of brightness depending on the amount of light. But the result is slightly disconcerting. Shame because everything else does seem to work well. I fear though that one of the Forerunner series might have worked better for me. I'll post video tmrw and keep persevering.

Best, Adrian

• Ok, thank you! I can at least seeing if what its doing is normal or not and then we can go from there. We want you to be able to have a watch that fits you and that you enjoy without concerns! Keep me updated. 

• Thanks so much, Amber. I am a massive Garmin fan and user... over the years have had a series of devices including the Vivosmart HR; Forerunner 10; Forerunner 45 (the older model); and the Fenix 5. I was quite drawn to the Venu SQ as an advanced tracker to compiement my Fenix. I really like aspects of it but the screen issue is odd. You really need it on the higher brightness setting to clearly see it when you are exercising or reading notifications etc, but that is the setting most affected by the slight readjustment in its brightness that seems to happen automatically. I have tried to video it a number of times but it doesn't show it that well. Have a look at this, just a short clip but it shows the minutes dimming...

AdrianClick here to play this video 

• Hi! I sent you an email if you can respond there and we can communicate that way!