This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Venu 2/2S Public Beta 9.14 Available

Former Member
Former Member

New Beta software for Venu 2/2S has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found in the links below.

Venu 2

Venu 2S

Notes:

• If you see any issues send an email to [email protected]. Please indicate the following: Your Venu variant (Venu 2 or Venu 2S), Software version, GCM version, Android or iOS.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 8.11 to 9.14:

• Added new sport profiles for Tennis, Snowshoeing, Pickleball, and Padel
  • Added support for syncing step goal streak with Garmin Connect
  • Added support for syncing resting heart rate across devices
  • Added Run/Walk/Idle detection to the activity summary page for running sports
  • Fixed an issue where invalid distances could be shown on the golf front-middle-back page
  • Improved the user experience for incident detect and assistance
  • Improved a variety of aspects with sleep detection
  • Just instaled in my Venu 2. I hope that sleep detecion is really improved. 

• We can only hope.. Let us know

• Good news.

I'll wait for stable release with fingers crossed, especially for sleep detection algoritm update.

What about:
    - two (or more) shortcuts while sweeping right (now we have one)
    - barometer corretions (detecting 30 floors at a day while climbed only 3)
    - LiveTrack via SMS (now the link to live route is provided by e-mail)
    - possibility to make call clicking on contact name on the watch (the phone is calling) very handy if you're running with BT headset

• I know you said you wouldn't modify it, but I keep looking for bigger (o less compressed) fonts. Dissapointed again

• If you want change or features you should participate in the beta program and provide feedback via the dedicated email they provide in the post.

• Sleep detection is better. No awake. On 8.11 firmware i had 20-30 miuntes awake time during night. On 9.11 i had 1 minute 

• This doesn't mean it's better. It's really common to have awake time, that we don't remember, during the night. Generally it's around 10% of the "total sleep" time.

I preferred how Garmin was managing it before and that means recording only "serious" awake periods in which, for example, we get up or, generally, we remember that we were awake because we checked the watch or something else but, again, just because i liked it doesn't mean it was better or more accurate. 

Still it's good to see that they are working on the sleep detection more and more Smiley

• Oh no,  they did a step back with awake time detection? 

I feel like testing the beta,  but I'm afraid of damaging the watch

• I don't have anymore a Venu 2 so can't test it but looking at the message above mine it looks like they went back to the previous alghoritm. 

• Doubtful. They never go back, even if the new algorithm causes big problems at first. Just take a look at how the new and improved altimeter algorithm across their outdoor line was handled. We went through version after version of "improved altitude calibration" after people complained about the altimeter being totally broken in the new FW, even though it used to work up until then. It's still not as stable as it used to be.