This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No flight mode???

I would like to reduce „radiation“ during sleep or when I really don‘t need any bluetooth and WLAN connection.

For better visibility I switched from fenix 6s to Venu 2s. Neither in the settings nor in the manual I could find the flight mode I am used to.

Can it be that the Venu 2s really have no flight mode???

• I agree. @Garmin  Are you aware that a lot of people choose your top-end watches because of the ability to turn off Wifi/Bluetooth and go into airplane mode?  A lot of people prefer to keep their homes EMF free, for health reasons. We are all bathed in wifi and bluetooth at work and in public spaces. It has potential health effects.

Your customers are health conscious people. We expect the ability to control this on ALL of your devices. I own multiple top-end Garmin devices. If you do not respect customers' desire to be able to control whether these devices are spewing out connectivity requests 24/7 I will find a manufacturer that does.

So far, Garmins reputation is good in this department which you can confirm by searching in discussions online about EMF radiation. I personally went with Garmin initally for this reason, and so do many others - you can find this info by checking forums, subreddits etc that discuss EMFD. 

Please continue to offer airplane mode and options to sync your devices using cable. If possible, add it as a simple setting for Venu 2s. (Yes, I see that I can turn off the Bluetooth and that Wifi syncs apparently are manually triggered (?) . Still, this is implemented in a better way, on the Fenix 6 which has a simple Airplane mode icon, just like we all are familiar with from our phones. 

Commercially, this means you have a leg up on Apple, Fitbit, Withings and others in the health gadget space by adding this simple functionality. It may not be super cool - but it is a dealbreaker for many customers getting into the health gadget market. 

• I just "upgraded" to Garmin from a "simpler\cheaper" one only because of NFC\Garmin pay, but I really counted on airplan mode.

I don't want turn on\off BT manually night and morning. I don't want to receive any push message from phone, I don't want wifi or BT synch during night. Airplan mode can reduces radiation and increases battery life.

I really don't understand why Garmin product development team missed this simple but usefull feature.

I hope it will be available soon.

• Why you specifically need such a mode? Because it is a better name for a function that'll simply disable Bluetooth connection? :) Simply disable and enable Bluetooth via control menu just like enabling and disabling flight mode. WiFi is OFF until you init a sync manually or you set it to upload an activity automatically. There is no other radio to transmit signals. 

• Ok, you are right, simple replace "BT off" with airplane mode not so needed, but actually my Xiaomi watch has scheduled airplane mode capability. I could setup automatic airplane mode on and off during the night (or during any given period). Set it on automatically 22 o'clock and off 6 o'clock.

This timing capability made it very comfortable.

• Some automation may be really useful. It's possible to set Do Not Disturb mode automatically, but it won't disable the connection. It'll just disable the notifications. If you automate phone to disable the BLE connection, that the watch will probably transmit more to search for a phone...

• Airplane mode is not really a differential feature, or do you see phones without it. It is a baseline security feature.