This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ECG outside US

Was really stoked to see the ECG feature activated, then bummed it is only in the US.  

Garmin, any chance we'll see this activated in the Middle East any time soon (Qatar specifically).  Would imagine that they'd follow US approval.

From moderator: Any forum posts that teach users outside the authorized ECG countries how to enable the feature, will be deleted.

• First post deleted
  • Same users with 2nd post, will be IP banned out of the forums.

Thank you. We appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for the feature but there are regulatory components.

• I have the same problem.  ECG works, but I can't do anything on my Garmin.com account, and I can't change my email either.  Two-step verification for your account has been made permanent.  We can't change anything about it.  I wrote to Garmin Support but they have no idea what to do with it.  They can't help me.

• Yea, the two step verification really, really SUCKS!  Don't know why sites like Gmail, Runalize, Strava, etc. can keep me logged in for years but Garmin needs to be reverified every 5 minutes.  And no, it's not my browser settings.  Maybe this is punishment for activating a useless feature outside the US?

• I think not because I have tried with an account that does not have MFA activated, I try to activate it and the service does not work. It's a problem of...MFA

• Does anyone let you change their email with MFA active?

• I needed (wanted) a new running watch and bought a Venu 2 Plus over a Fenix or Epix specifically for this feature, confident that it could be used in the UK after reading this thread.
    I've just got it working and am disappointed to find that the app does not work if the average heart rate for the duration of the test is below 50.
    I like the watch but I'm not sure if I'd have bought it had I known this.

• Maybe there are some plans or dates when this will also be activated in Europe?
    I was also very keen on this option. At the presentation of the watch it was discussed in detail