This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin scale does not sync guests

Hi,

My Garmin scale has been working seamlessly with my Garmin account where I am the owner. To add my wife she opened a Garmin connect account and I invited here, she accepted (and pressed the get started option). The scale recognize her, her 4-letter name appears on the scale screen, but do not sync her data. The wifi logo and the connection bar behaves the same as in my case, but anyway her data does not appear in her account. Can it be possible that her account does not have privileges to get the information from the scale? maybe because she does not own any Garmin device (unlike me)? that would be really sucky.

I already reset it, configured the wifi again, the battery of the scale is not low, and the problem remains: my (owner) data syncronizes fine but my wife's account appears in the scale but her data does not synchronize with her Garmin connect account.

What else can I do to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Germán

• I contacted Garmin support and received an answer a couple of hours later. They immediately solved my issue. Here the solution:

Hi Germán

Please make sure that your wife has given permission on her Garmin Connect account to upload data, as this can prevent the data being uploaded.

Follow the guide here for information on managing consent;

1. Open Garmin Connect app

2. Open the Menu:
      • Android: Select   (top left)
      • iOS: Select More (bottom right)
    3. Select Settings

4. Select Profile & Privacy

5. Select Data

6. Select Device Upload

7. Select Storage & Processing and then Opt In

Kind regards,

Garmin Europe

• Please make sure that your wife has given permission on her Garmin Connect account to upload data, as this can prevent the data being uploaded.

Follow the guide here for information on managing consent;

1. Open Garmin Connect app

2. Open the Menu:
      • Android: Select   (top left)
      • iOS: Select More (bottom right)
    3. Select Settings

4. Select Profile & Privacy

5. Select Data

6. Select Device Upload

7. Select Storage & Processing and then Opt In

Kind regards,

Greg

Garmin Europe

• This worked for me too, thank you.

• Hello All - This was recently resolved in a update to the Garmin Connect Website (API). I am closing this thread as resolved. For any future similar issues, please create a new thread.