This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

3.10 not function

I have had the scale for over a year and up until two weeks ago I never had a problem getting it to connect to my router. I have not changed my broadband provider or router but from about two weeks ago it stopped working. I reset, hard reset, changed batteries, reviewed router settings. WiFi connects but I get an x on the top right of screen. It only works correctly over my tethered mobile connection.

I upgraded to 3.10 and I still have the same problem - Wifi connects but I get an x in top right and measurement is not uploaded.
  • It's installing here, i had the same problem, it should have been solved with the 3.10 update.
  • Same here. The last successful upload using my wifi network was on 30 October. Even though it's still connecting just fine to my network and even connects to the Garmin server (gold.garmin.com), all uploads fail. Tethering my mobile connection does work, and I have no idea why.

Firmware 3.10 hasn't made any difference.

In theory, connections to gold.garmin.com could end up on different servers depending on the internet connection you're using (as it's handled by Cloudflare), and in theory, one of those servers could be misbehaving while others do not, but that seems pretty far fetched.
  • I have had the scale for over a year and up until two weeks ago I never had a problem getting it to connect to my router. I have not changed my broadband provider or router but from about two weeks ago it stopped working. I reset, hard reset, changed batteries, reviewed router settings. WiFi connects but I get an x on the top right of screen. It only works correctly over my tethered mobile connection.

I upgraded to 3.10 and I still have the same problem - Wifi connects but I get an x in top right and measurement is not uploaded.

Have any other users been added to the scale recently?
  • Please reach out to your local Product Support as we will need to gather detailed information to get this issue escalated.
  • We have a similar problem. I'm not sure when it started, but shortly after we got back after Christmas we noticed that our Index scales were always showing a 'X' in the top right corner when trying to upload our weights to our Garmin profiles. We tried resetting the scales and starting again, but it still wouldn't upload any weights. It's now stuck in setup mode with a picture of a spanner on the screen. It's running firmware version 3.10. A couple of days ago I watched it updating itself while I was in the shower, so I'm fairly certain that once I've entered our WiFi credentials it can connect to Garmin in some shape or form.
  • Still broken for me. Will only connect via a tethered connection to my mobile. It will still not work with my home Wifi (that had always worked perfectly well before)
  • Still broken for me. Will only connect via a tethered connection to my mobile. It will still not work with my home Wifi (that had always worked perfectly well before)

I have exactly the same problem. My scales worked perfectly since I first got them October 2017 until around the end of October 2018 when they suddenly stopped uploading data. They connect to my home WIFI fine but refuse to upload displaying >>>>>>>>>>X at that stage.

Using my mobile as a wifi hotspot they upload fine as long as I use a data connection and my phone is not connected to my home wifi. If I have a connection to my home WIFI it fails. Nothing has changed in my setup, same router and ISP (Plusnet in the UK).

Have been in touch with Garmin support in the UK who are "investigating" although I have heard nothing now for a couple of weeks. I suspect either my ISP have changed something their end or Garmin have their end, but nobody is admitting to anything, or interested in helping apparently. Frustrating to say the least.
  • What worked for me with this exact same problem. Go on the garmin app on your phone, go to the index scale settings and to wifi. re select your wifi and re enter your password and it worked again. maybe has something to do with DHCP lease time or something. I'll try to give it a fixed ip, see if that works forever