This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems with Garmin Index Scale

Hi
I bought a Garmin Index Smart Scale, but after a week with trial and error Im still unable to get the scale to work properly.

I have a garmin fenix 3 watch with a synked and up-to-date Garmin Connect profile.

This is my step by step installation process:
- Adding the device at garmin connect
- paring phone/device with Bluetooth.
- Login on to wifi
- Making an account with name weight ec.
- Inviting other users (gf++)
... and then the installing is over...

The problem is that the tool symbol is still appearing on the index scale screen. If I step on the weight, it shows me the weight but not body mass++. No user account initials is appearing just the weight. Furthermore the garmin connect app doesn't update the weight... If I enter the 'device' section in garmin connect app, my Fenix 3 have a sync now symbol while the scale have a '?'. If I press the symbol it says: " setup was successful. Your device should automatically sync using wifi each time you use the scale".

So what am I doing wrong? Any thing Ive missed? How to fix it?

Tnx
?yvind

• I suggest posting in the Index forum if you want people to look at your post

Paul
  • Setup was so easy, I hardly remember the steps

The watch has no role here at all, all you need is a GC account and the GC mobile app.

Here is what I would do:

Delete the scale from Garmin Connect Mobile app
    Factory reset of the scale
    Turn on scale (tool symbol should appear)
    Add scale in GC mobile app under devices and follow instructions.
  • It seems to be very easy.. And none of those I know have this product had any problems at launch..

But yes, Ive tried to reset and reinstall the scale multiple times from two different phones. (iphone4 and samsung 8). Didnt help much though
  • not sure whether this is still an open question, but I haven't found any answers on similar questions. I had a similar problem and nothing seemed alright, however, I realized it is a phone who doesn't allow to make the connection established. I basically deleted GC app from my phone and installed again. All devices were found during a very first setup without any problem.