This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

index scale wrong weight etc

Hi all, Got a index scale at new year, easy to set up and very happy with it until this weekend when I miraclulously dropped 7kg in weight and 6% body fat overnight ( water and muscle also gave silly readings). the scale weren't moved and I hadn't changed my routine. The scale is sticking to it new version of me though another set of electronic scales and a set on mechanical scales tell me my weight hasn't varied. Scales have been returned for replacement. has anyone else had this experience. :confused:
  • Hi all, Got a index scale at new year, easy to set up and very happy with it until this weekend when I miraclulously dropped 7kg in weight and 6% body fat overnight ( water and muscle also gave silly readings). the scale weren't moved and I hadn't changed my routine. The scale is sticking to it new version of me though another set of electronic scales and a set on mechanical scales tell me my weight hasn't varied. Scales have been returned for replacement. has anyone else had this experience. :confused:

I had a weird swing the past two days, although not quite as large as yours. Lost 3 lbs from Weds to Thurs, then gained 5.5 lbs from Thurs to Fri. I guess it wouldn't be impossible, but I've been monitoring my weight for years (using a Tanita scale), and never had swings that big over two consecutive days. I like this scale a lot, just starting to wonder how accurate it really might be.
  • Hi all, Got a index scale at new year, easy to set up and very happy with it until this weekend when I miraclulously dropped 7kg in weight and 6% body fat overnight ( water and muscle also gave silly readings). the scale weren't moved and I hadn't changed my routine. The scale is sticking to it new version of me though another set of electronic scales and a set on mechanical scales tell me my weight hasn't varied. Scales have been returned for replacement. has anyone else had this experience. :confused:

How do you get on with your replacement? I am thinking sending mine back.
  • I have the very same problem, I to will return the index scale for a new one to try. Or a competitor one. Only had it for 2 months. And for $200.00 very disappointing. And no response from Garmin on this post. I have also the fenix3, Edge 850 which are great but not accurate in their calculations. I was always in the belief that Garmin was a great brand, so disappointing.
  • My weight went up 5 pounds suddenly.  Also if I touch the scale it reads 5 pounds, not zero. To test, i loaded 18 pounds of weights on it, and it said 23 pounds. 

• Hi, I have the same issue as JaymO. Haven’t seen any solutions to this. Scales were ok for a year then suddenly dropped 7 kg. Tried deleting everything and setting up again. Would love to be 7 kg lighter, but know this is not the case. Hooked in to Garmin products and generally very happy with them. But very disappointed with this product.