This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scale won't complete setup (Wrench Icon)

I've had the scale for about 12 months or so now and its generally been... ok... (quibbles about not connecting to MFP aside).

But...

In the past few weeks it seemed to loose my settings and register me as my wife.

I then removed the device from the garmin connect app and reset everything up.

Now it gets stuck on a 'wrench' icon. I've deleted our user details a number of times and re-added. I also get an 'X' in the top right of the display.

The wi-fi setup seems to complete ok so not sure what gives.

Any thoughts?
  • Stucked at wrench icon

I have the same problem. Did you get it resolved?

I've had the scale for about 12 months or so now and its generally been... ok... (quibbles about not connecting to MFP aside).

But...

In the past few weeks it seemed to loose my settings and register me as my wife.

I then removed the device from the garmin connect app and reset everything up.

Now it gets stuck on a 'wrench' icon. I've deleted our user details a number of times and re-added. I also get an 'X' in the top right of the display.

The wi-fi setup seems to complete ok so not sure what gives.

Any thoughts?
  • I have the same problem. Did you get it resolved?

Still not resolved... anyone?
  • I was able to complete setup by connecting to my hotspot on my iPhone. Some people have tried this & still can’t resolve the issue. I have a Mofi router & think this could be the issue.

• Like any advice you find on these forums and with absence of any advice from Garmin you might not find this useful but here is what fixed the same with my Index.  I was trying to connect to the same router I have always connected to but got the interminable spanner.  I probably should have rebooted my router before continuing but anyway.  After not being able to connect with either a single press of the reset button or a long 5 sec press I thought I would connect to my iPhone via bluetooth using the connect app.  The app found the device (whilst index in factory reset mode) and the icon on the scale went to bluetooth.  The bonkers thing was that having connected via Bluetooth you would think that was it.  However it decided it wanted the wpa2 password for my router.  Entered several times, said password incorrect.  Then lightbulb moment, rebooted router entered wpa2 password and it connected.  Now I have a solid wireless icon.  Therefore connect to Bluetooth and end up with wireless, fine by me but what are Garmin playing at or more to the point not explaining in their scant user manual

• I just love  Garmin.  I typed up a long reply to this, then logged in and it was lost.  Seems par for the course with them its a wonder any of their products work.  Anyway I had the same problem.  May work for you but like everything with these devices and the absence of any concise manual it's all hit and miss.  Basically in either reset or factory reset mode I could not clear the spanner.  I probably should have rebooted router but that is another story.  Decided to try bluetooth with iPhone.  Went thru process, connected and thought, well a bluetooth connection will be ok.  No, the process then insisted I connect to my router and displayed network name and password.  Went through that process and could not connect, it kept saying password was wrong, couldn't say 'don't care' as the connection to bluetooth is lost if you do that.  Therefore rebooted router (which is probably what I should have done in the first place) and it connected (to wifi - solid icon and not bluetooth icon(please explain that Garmin)).  So moral of story is connect to Bluetooth and end up with solid wifi connection and hopefully lose the spanner in the process

• Had same problem. So what i did. Connected it up on a hot-spot on my phone. Remember to exit out of the setup on the app or else the scale thinks the setup is still on going. If this is a success you can again push reset quickly less than 2-3 sek. and set it up on your regular wifi

• Definitely it’s a route problem,same issue, I solved erasing it from my current router (Deco M5) and I made a new connection to my older router (Apple time capsule) Try another router

• same here on new index, after reding this post rest index and connect ir to my apple time machine listed of my router. 

• Change your DNS server settings on the router to Google’s 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4