New low battery message

I ride with Vector 3 dual sided pedals on one of my bikes, and use an Edge 1030 Plus computer.  My last two rides, I saw a message that said "battery 1 low", and had a small icon that looked to me as if it showed the outer battery on the left pedal.  (I'm using up my LR44 batteries, before trying the CR1/3N's I recently bought.)

I have been wanting more precise low battery warnings for a long time.  Am I interpreting this message correctly?

• I use CR1/3Ns and last week I got a low battery warning, which (unless I missed something) just said Battery Low - no number. However, with 4 x LR44s like you're using I don't see how the Vectors could possibly know which battery of two in the same pedal would be low, given that they're installed in series with nothing between them, so all the Vector can possibly be aware of is the total voltage across the two LR44s. Unless one of the batteries was faulty, both would tend to hit 'low' at the same time anyway (even if they weren't quite at the same voltage when installed), so I don't think there'd be much real-world value in this level of battery level reporting within the same pedal anyway.

Although I didn't notice it on my message, is it possible that the '1' was actually an 'L' for Left?

• Thanks for your thoughts!  I got this message on my bike with Vector 1 pedals a couple of days ago.  Looking at it again, I now think the icon is showing me battery level as some vertical lines.  I think I saw three lines the first day, and two lines the following day.  I replaced the 2032 battery in the left pedal, and the message went away.

On the bike with Vector 3 pedals, I got to the point that I received a message that the right pedal could not be found, so I replaced the LR44 batteries on the right side.  Then I rode, and I still got the "battery low" message.  I haven't ridden that bike for 4 days, so I don't know just what I'll see next ride.  Your observation about identifying one of two batteries makes sense to me - I was just interpreting the icon incorrectly.

I'll keep an eye on this and keep trying to understand it!