Vector 2 - 4 flashes (not pairing)

Hi, sorry for posting this in the vector 3 area but I don't see anywhere to post about vector 2.

My dual sided vector 2 were working fine during the summer, and had some fresh batteries in at that time. Then over the winter the bike has been on an indoor trainer and using the trainers power data rather than the vectors.

I went for a ride outside yesterday and initially my head unit wouldn't see them; so I figured the batteries were dead (though if that was the case, they died quicker than usual) - so I bought some fresh ones and since then they have been stuck on the "looking for other pedal" 4 flashes.

I used the vector updater utility on the my laptop, it says it can only find the right pedal; even if I take the battery out of the right pedal so only the left has power, it will still say only finds the right (rather than not finding anything or saying it only found the left).

I've also noticed that the Left side never stops flashing (4 times per 10 seconds) while the Right side seems to power down after a while and stops flashing; starting again if I spin the crank.

I've removed the batteries multiple times, I've disconnected the pods and cleaned the contacts etc..

Any ideas?

Thanks.

James.

• I've also switched the pods around; same issue.

My Edge 1030 finds the vectors and shows both the left and right sides as connected but one of the sides shows a sensor error of 400 - 0

• Hi,

I'm unable to help at the moment. Just chipping in to say that I am also getting 4 flashes on my Vector 2 pedals. Did you manage to resolve it?

They worked ok on my bike then I switched them onto my other bike. Initially it displayed the calibration menu but I had to do something else so cancelled out of it. Following day, my FR945 is not finding them. Both pedals 4 green flashes. Replaced batteries. Same.

I'm going to try the update software you mentioned.

Thanks

• The resolution was Garmin offered to allow me to do a trade-up to the Vector 3 units for around £170 despite me having had the Vector 2 units for over 4 years.

I was never able to make the Vector 2 work again and the offer they made me was good in terms of cost (I doubt i could have sold the Vector 2 had it been working for enough to only have to pay £170 extra for the 3) so I took them up on it.

Vector 3 has been working great so far.

• I have the same problem here in Brazil. Identical issues, it seems you have just described what happened to me. I don't want to have my V2 pedals replaced, because they were kept pristine. IMHO, I consider the V2 a better developed product than the V3. I've just emailed Garmin Brasil about it and I hope they would be able to solve the problem with my current equipment.

If any of you guys have an answer, please let me know.

Cheers

• Still haven't fixed mine. I switched the pods and I'm now getting reading off one side so I think one of the pods needs replacing. 

I noticed that one of the pins is pushed in so that must be the problem. Assume 4 pins normally stick out? 

• Absolutely! Is one of the pins are not aligned or in touch with the pedal contact, they aren't good. Mines were OK, though.

• Caro PAF_Cycle meus pedais foram falhando até ficarem na mesma situação dos seu. 4 flashes e nada de parear. O pessoal da Garmin/ProParts deu alguma solução? Obrigado!!

• DomPedron,

Inicialmente eles sugeriram que eu enviasse os pedais para avaliação, pagando uma modesta taxa de aproximadamente R$ 150, o que dava na época cerca de 50 USD. Após inúmeras ligações, fotografias, testes e conversas, chegaram à conclusão que a substituição dos pods seria a solução.

Então, a Proparts sugeriuqsugeriu eu comprasse dois pods, por um preço absurdo, sem nenhuma facilidade ou desconto para o pagamento.

O par de pods custa 160USD lá nos Estados Unidos. Aqui, a Proparts vende por R$ 1840 o par.

Lembre-se que o pedal é apenas o elemento que possui os sensores de torque (strain gauges). Toda a eletrônica do V2 está no pod. É muito estranho que um equipamento comece a dar o mesmo problema com diversos usuários, com diferentes formas e  estágios de uso, mas na mesma janela temporal. Os meus pedais foram pouquíssimo usados (menos de 30h) e eu fiquei realmente decepcionado com o after sales da Garmin. A garantia de meu Vector havia expirado à pouco mais de 5 meses. Tempo que eu praticamente não usei o equipamento por causa de uma fratura no tornozelo.

Enfim, tudo mostra que há um plano de obsolência programada nós pods da Garmin. Talvez isso seja uma estratégia para que os usuários do Vector 2 sejam obrigados à trocar seus pods agora ou migrar para o Vector 3. No meu caso, não houve oferta nenhuma para troca (update) e, honestamente, eu não quero migrar do Vector 2 para o Vector 3 (o qual também tenho um par). A última versão não foi tecnicamente bem desenvolvida e está dando diversos problemas, já bem discutidos aqui.

Minha sugestão para você é tentar importar os pods, mesmo com o valor absurdo do dólar. Se não tiver essa condição, tenta encontrar outros fornecedores.

Se tiver interesse em escrever uma carta conjunta para a Garmin, podemos fazer isso juntos. Fico no aguardo de seu contato e boa sorte aí com seu Vector 2.

Abraços

• I'm having same issue, did you fix it somehow?

• Same here since end February. Both pedals are flashing green 4 times. Mines are out of warranty