Vector 3 Calibration error 1024

I bought dual sided Vector 3 pedals a couple of weeks ago and had a great couple of rides with them, but then at the weekend I went out and did a long ride and was very disappointed to find the power data was all screwed up, massive power spikes of several thousand watts, and the balance apparently alternating between 100% to the left and then 100% to the right.  When I switched on at the start of the ride I got the right sensor missing, but I switched the head unit off and on again and didn't get the message again, so assumed it was alright.

I always set the crank length and do a calibration before every ride.

Now when I try to calibrate them I get calibration error 1024. I tried taking the batteries out and cleaning the contacts, and when I found the error code meant that the ride pedal had detected pedaling, I detached them from the bike, lay them on the ground and still got error 1024. As screen shot shows, batteries are good, and both sensors are apparently attached, and the firmware is up to date.

Any ideas what I can try next?

Attached is the ride fit file as well as it appears that the experts can see helpful info in these files?

I told the headset to forget the device and rediscover it, incase that helped, but same issue.  Before I told it to forget them, it was showing 400 errors in one of the sensors, I think the left hand one.

Re flashing LEDs. So far this evening I have had 3 flashing green, one red followed by what appeared to be almost a continous stream of greens, I lost count, but definitely more than 6, possibly 8 or 10, and also a lot of no lights at all, even after shaking them (when off the bike) which I expected to wake them up.

Please let me know if there is any other info I need to supply, 

Thanks

Rob

3914620518.zip