"Pairing Failed" - Can't pair Vector 3 with Garmin Connect Mobile

Anyone else having issues pairing Vector 3 with Garmin Connect for Android?

I'm on 3.0.0, my Edge 820 upgraded the pedals.

I just got a new Android phone and while setting up Garmin Connect, it tells me it can't add my Vector pedals.

Tried the following:
- Resetting the pedals (removing and putting back the battery)
- Remove the pedals from the Edge 820
- Reinstall the Garmin Connect Mobile App

Any suggestions?
  • Same problem. It's connected to my Edge and works, but I can't pair to my Samsung phone and have tried over and over (taken batteries out, let it sit overnight, etc.)
  • Anyone else having issues pairing Vector 3 with Garmin Connect for Android?
    Any suggestions?

Same problem. It's connected to my Edge and works, but I can't pair to my Samsung phone

This is a problem exposed by the Android version of GCM4.5 . The upcoming Vector 3 maintenance release will fix it.
  • Excellent, that explains it!

Looking forward to that release then..
  • Any word on when that release is coming out... I use a Fenix 3 HR as my head unit so I can't get right pedal logging/tracking without using GCM to pair the pedals. Feeling like the whole right pedal is useless

edit: I only have android devices so I am going to try and manually install the older (< 4.5) apk and see if I have any success
  • I'm using GCM 4.6.4 and I STILL can't pair my new Vectors to my Samsung phone. Therefore, I can't seem to update the pedal firmware since I apparently need 3.30 before I can use my Edge 820.
  • Just received my replacement Vector 3s and they won't connect to the Android phone app, I've tried everything I can think of...

I borrowed an iPhone 7 to try the Apple app and it worked first time without issue.

My previous Vector 3s connected to my android phone without any hassle on a previous app build version. I can only think the Android application is at fault.

Google Pixel XL
    Android connect build version is 4.9.3
  • Same here. Tried on three different android phones, with android 6, 7 and 8. I am using the latest versión of Garmin Connect app (4.9.3). The phones all connect through bluetooth with the pedals without problems, but the app starts the pairing process and always ends with "pairing failed" message.

Borrowed an IOs phone and got through the process first time and quickly. Is there a solution for android users?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    Same here, using Android Version 8.0.0 on a Samsung S9 and the Connect app (Version 4.9.3) will not connect to the pedals - Trys to pair, ends with "Pairing failed".

I had some massive power spikes last night, and then the pedals dropped out completely. Changed batteries, reinstalled app etc - nothing works.

Previous to this, the Connect app would not tell me what Firmware version the pedals were on, even though I know it was the latest version as I updated it. It tried to recognise the version but kept showing message "Unable to detect firmware version (!)"

Garmin I've spoken to seem to be aware it's a software issue but they want to see images of the threads, the battery covers and the fit file I've had the spikes and dropouts on.

• Same issue here. Pairing failed trying to connect the Vector 3s to multiple devices all running Android 8 even thought they will pair fine with an edge 820 and the phone itself

After spending an hour on the phone to Garmin Support in the UK the conclusion is there is a fault with the app running on Android and the details have been passed to the technical team to investigate. But nobody can really give any answers on time frames and exact issue

I find it hard to believe and slightly concerning that Garmin would release an update without testing something so basic. It appears that it is using its paying customers as BETA testers which isnt really acceptable for a premium product