My Garmin Edge 1040 will not boot when the Varia RTC715 is on

For the last few times I have tried to use my Varia RTC715 and Garmin Edge 1040, the Garmin Edge 1040 will not boot and continues to recycle through the booting process. When I turn the Varia RTC715 off, the Garmin 1040 boots normally.

• Just an update. I was successful if I turned on and booted up my Edge 1040 with the Varia turned off and then when the Edge was ready to go I turned on the Varia and all seemed to work. 

The issue I am now dealing with is the Edge won't charge so switched to my older Edge for now. 

• Thanks for the reply, but still no dice. I figured perhaps the original 16GB micro SD card was too small (or corrupted) to run the update, so i got a new 64GB card and used that. Ran through all the previous steps both you and i noted and still no dice. 

Looks like i'll return it to garmin and see if they can save it.

• OK everyone, i contacted garmin and they said it is a known issue and will be corrected in a new firmware release for the edge 1040, no date, but they will email me when released.

Many thanks to all who have contacted me, and thanks to garmin chat where they replied to me super quick with a real person!