This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RCT715 turns on automatically even when Edge computer is set to "Light beam activated on timer start"

So, bit of a cross-post but I'm trying to determine if this is an Edge 840 or an RCT715 issue. Details:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-840-series/338522/why-does-the-edge-840-activate-my-light-network-when-not-riding

TL;DR: even when the light network on the Edge is set to "activate lights on timer start", my RCT715 seems to switch both camera and light on as soon as the Edge is powered up. Only solution seems to be to deactivate the light network entirely. Is this normal?

• FWIW, this seems to work as it should with my Edge 1040 and RCT715. I switch my lights on first (and they light up), but then I turn my Edge on and it turns the lights back off as soon as they connect until I start my activity.

• Yeah, so, I'm not sure we're configured the same. My lights & radar are always in "standby" mode, waiting for a command from the computer to wake up.

Expected behaviour should be they stay asleep until the START button is pressed.