This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Video Record Mode OFF.

So I had an incident I wanted to to look at on this mornings ride and low and behold there wasn't any video recorded on todays ride. I went and looked at the settings and for some reason Recored mode was set to OFF. I didn't make this change. I am over this POS camera on this tail light. I am going back to the RCT515 the Camera option is nothing but a gimmick that doesn't work.

• Hi I have sent you a private message. 

• 5.10 turned off recording when I installed it. 

• Can you please let me know the following?

• What kind of phone do you have the Varia app on?
    • What is that phone's OS version ?
    • What version is your Varia app on?
  • iPhone 12

IOS 16.5

Varia

3.0.0 77 (inside the app)

From the iPhone it shows 3.01 

• This is not the current version of the Varia app, please update the app send me a direct message if you experience this on the current app version! 

• Has there been any advances on this issue?  I have had similar issues with my RCT715 from the start.  I always want it set for continuous recording, 1080P, with audio, no incident detection, and all the overlays enabled but the camera regularly changes settings without my selection.  Often I will plug the camera into my computer to download a video only to find that the camera wasn't recording for the last few rides and I have no recordings. When I open the app, I'll find that every single setting has been changed. Other times, I have recordings but the data overlays are missing but that seems to be a separately bug as the data overlay setting will generally still be enabled when checking the app in this scenario.   

• Phone is a Samsung S22 (Android 13 but the issue has occurred with past OS versions as well)
    • Version 3.0.1 of the Varia app (I only use the app when I need to switch all my settings back to my preferred options, never during rides).
    • RCT715 is on version 5.10
    • I generally use an Edge 1040 or an Edge 530 when riding with the radar.
    • I do not enable the "light network" on either edge to avoid other issues. 
    • It seems to be getting worse.  At this point the only way I can ensure that it will record a ride is to manually start a recording every time.  However, doing that absolutely breaks all my settings. It seems that once you start a manual recording all the settings will certainly be wiped out and I have to reset them all in the app.
    • I have reinstalled the app, etc. with no impact. 
    • Feel free to send me a PM for more info.