This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can you run the 715 upside down?

Can’t find anything in the manual or online - do folks know if you can run the 715 inverted with the camera and light on the bottom?  Is there a setting to flip the video or would you have to just view it upside down?

• I tested...I turned the unit 180 degrees whilst it was recording, and the picture does flip.....recording upside down creates an upside down video....when you view it via the Varia app, you will need to flip your phone.....

• The Varia should not be mounted upside down, it is designed to only be mounted as referenced in the manual i.e. light and camera on top.

• You can buy a new bike that fits the Garmin Varia, you can return the Varia as unusable and bad mouth it, or you can mount it the only way it fits on your bike, Upside Down.  Yes the replay is upside down but is easy to turn your phone upside down when you view it.

• It wouldn't be difficult for Garmin to include this as an option. I have a rack and a saddle bag and much of any video is the rack and saddle bag including dangling strap. I found a 3rd party rack attachment but the device would require removing my mudguard and changing to smaller tyres! If I put a bag on top of the rack all I will see is the bag even if the radar might work.

Only option now appears to be to find a piece of tube and attach to the rack so it is a few inches above the mudguard and attach to that!

• I have always had the Varia 515 radar mounted upside down, it looks much better. My idea is to buy the 715 soon, I would love it to have that option. Anyway, as soon as I have it I will turn it on backwards and I will rotate the video later