This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issues with memory: slow device

Hello,

I am having issues with my garmin explore : I import an itinerary and then, when I start it, it takes ages to calculate the itinerary (like an hour and does not even reach 50%). Adtionnally, Wwen i press the touch screen, the response is very slow, like a memory problem. When it happened, i was on a trip and the device also had problems to switch off/on.

I tried again some hours later: same problems. Then I removed the memory card and the device start to behave normally, normal response . Then, when i insert the memory card, it is slow again. What can it be ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pablo

• The Edge Explore does not have a memory card slot. So, which device you are talking about?
    Regardless which Edge model it concerns, looking at the symptoms you describe I would suspect the memory card. Re-format it (Overwrite format) with a dedicated SD-formatter tool like the SD Memory Card Formatter from www.sdcard.org/

Be careful not to format the Edge device itself, so remove the memory card from the device before formatting the card, using the cardreader in your PC.

• Hello bikepc01,

Yes, my mistake, it is a Garmin Edge touring.

So i downloaded tour app, reformated it directly on my laptop and it worked: i creaated a gpx file, imported it and my device is no longer slow.

Borat Would have said "Great success!"

Thanks a lot for you help and time.

Pablo