This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firmware Reversion Solves TBT Guidance Malfunction.

For no explicable reason my Edge Explore ceased updating Turn-By-Turn Guidance when riding. There were no firmware updates or user settings changes leading up to the Explore’s malfunctioning. Guidance was working the day before and then it wasn't.

When on the road, TBT guidance would work up till the first turn of a course when the notification text and turn arrow at the top of the map screen would fail to register the  completed turn. The text would stop updating and the device, beeping (though tones were enabled). The unit had effectively stopped guiding. Periodically, usually after 5 or 10 minutes, guidance would kick in again with beeps and notification of an upcoming turn which, when done, would again deactivate the guidance text and tones.

This was independent of the map itself which continued to work correctly with the cursor accurately reflecting my progress through a loaded course.

Tried rebooting, many different user settings, deleting, rebuilding and re-syncing courses, and finally a full device reset (Delete Data and Reset Settings). Still no go.

All this comprised a few hours I’ll never get back. Enough was enough: I reverted to firmware version 5.1 from 5.3. This corrected the problem immediately with the added bonus of a snappier interface too.

I suspect that some type of corruption in the code that generated the TBT guidance data was behind the problem. Who knows? Currently on 5.1.