This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Navigation Prompts

Hi, I have a new Edge Explore which does not give navigation prompts like this when in map mode:  

When in map mode, the zoom stays the same, it does beep and give an instruction at the top of the screen but not as the picture above.

They do pop up as in the picture when in any other of the screens, but I like to navigate with the map.

Anyone else had this problem and any idea how to solve?

cheers

• Menu -> Ride Settings -> Navigation Prompts: set to 'Map'. Now it's probably set to 'Text Only'?

If you want to see more local details at any Turn Guidance prompt (TBT) then set Auto Zoom to 'On':
    Menu -> Ride Settings -> Map -> Auto Zoom: set to 'On'.
    I have Auto Zoom allways set to 'Off' because it draws too much attention to the screen - better have a look on the road for safety.

• I have upgrade to 830 from 530 where it was show same info as  picture above , but with 830 I have compass info instead of dist to point, how can I change it?

• @6467330 this is the Edge Explore part of the forum. Please drop your question in the 830 section. From there you can always refer to the first entry in this thread.

• Thanks bikepc01 for your help. I do have Navigation Prompts set to 'Map' and Auto Zoom set to 'On' but it doesn't appear to work when viewing the map. I previously had an Edge Touring and have got used to the Navigation Prompts as the above image when riding and viewing the map.

• This forum is not for the 830 but I suspect the method of setting the data screens may be similar across Garmin models.

To set the info on your Map fields try this:

Settings--> Ride Settings-->Data Screens-->Map-->Layout and Data Fields:

Click on the info panel you'd like to change and select the appropriate menu item. I believe 'dist to point' is under the Navigation sub-menu.

• Did you enable Turn Guidance? Menu -> Courses -> Saved Courses -> Hamburger menu bottom right -> Turn Guidance (ON = green).

Here you also can choose to have Off Course Warnings On (green) or Off. My own preference here is Off, because you also get an Off Course warning when you deviate from the loaded course if Turn Guidance is enabled.