This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pc connexion with usb

Hi, it is impossible to see my garmin edge explore appear on my computer after pluging the usb cable provided with the device. I have tried other cables, and different pc, one windows and one Apple. Wath do I made wrong ? Thank by advance.

• Try getting the unit in to mass storage mode by plugging the unit into the usb port. Press and hold lap/reset while pressing the power button for about 5 seconds. The screen will go blank – let up on the power button at that time but keep holding lap/reset. This should force it to mass storage.

• When i do it, the screen turns to a strange setup screen with a lot of settings, starting by software version 5.30.

But it doesnt work, my computer doesnt show any new storage unit...

• Do you have Garmin Express installed? And, are you plugging the Explore directly into a computer port (and not an external usb hub)?

• Finally after 50 trials I manage to have a connexion. It is now stabilized, but I dont Know why it wasnt working initially. I have garmin express instzlled. I feel lire it was a strange mode setting on my device.

I have loaded the new free from www.freizeitkarte-osm.de. it is working perfectly. Much better than standard garmin map.

Thanks