This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Software is up to date — Version 4.40.0.0 ?!?!?!

Er, I've just bought an edge explore and (on web browser for Garmin Connect), it's saying that the software (4.40) is up to date. But on these forums, we're into the 5s! 

I've tried sync in garmin express (mac, app) and it just whirrs away and says sync complete. 

I'm not a tech developer, but I'm not an idiot either. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to update the software?

Thanks (and sorry!)

• Oh, it's ok. I had to update my entire computer and then it saw the update. Not ideal but there we go. 

Still picking main roads over national cycle routes though! Argh!

• Quote: Still picking main roads over national cycle routes though! Argh!

Depending on the map you use the routing is influenced by the Avoidance Setup. Specially 'Major Highways' is used by routing engines specially to promote cycle ways if you select NOT to avoid highways. So my advice is to play with this setting, both to avoid or to not avoid highways. A specific Cycle Map I use is the 'OpenFietsMap' (OFM: www.openfietsmap.nl )  which uses this trick to promote cycle ways. If you also set to Avoid Toll Roads the routing will even promote registered cycle routes that are incorporated in the map. The OFM also has a European coverage.

Worldwide coverage can be found here: http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ - then choose Routable Bicycle (OpenFietsMap Lite).