This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Livetrack - How is it supposed to work?

I'm new to Garmin cycling kit and overall I'm pleased with my Explorer 820. But I cannot seem to get Livetrack working so my wife can track my rides.

I've created an account for her and installed Connect on her phone. She's set up as a connection on my phone and I'm a connection on hers. I have livetrack enabled to auto start and when I start a ride I get a system notification on my phone saying livetrack in progress. But my wife sees nothing to do with that ride until I've finished it and uploaded it. Then she sees it as a completed activity.

What am I missing?

Cheers David
  • Look at the "SHARE SESSION" section in LiveTrack settings in the mobile app. There you have 3 share methods available: e-mail, facebook (not working for the time being, I think) and twitter. Whichever you choose, a notification with a link to follow your activity will be sent to the defined recipients over the selected channel once you start your livetrack session. Your wife does not need the Garmin Connect mobile app and does not need to have you as a connection. All she needs is a valid e-mail address, or facebook or twitter accounts and a web browser.
  • Thanks for your reply tmk2. I saw that option but just assumed that it wasn't needed if the app was available. OK, we'll give it a try,

Cheers
    David