This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth connection problems after FW 9.00

Hi,
Just to mention the huge difficulties to re-pair my Edge Explore 820 to iPhone 7 after the new FW update 9.00.
I tried to delete device from iPhone, delete iPhone from the device, re-pair, reset device, reset iPhone, ... and I get it connected to the iPhone easily, BUT in Garmin Connect Mobile (versión 4.6), it keeps on showing the message "attention is needed" under the device name, like if a last step of the process was missing.
I have read also pairing difficulties in other Edge forums linked to this new FW update (9.00).
I tried to download again the Garmin Connect Mobile App, but it does not solve the problem. I can pair other Garmin devices with no issue.
If anyone experienced the same or knows any solution, would be appreciated.
Thanks
  • I'm on an iPhone X with iOS 11.4.1, Garmin Connect 4.9.2.1, Garmin Express 6.6.0.0.

I for the life of me cannot get the Edge 820 to sync to anything. I looked up the info to roll back the firmware but I cannot get Garmin Express to recognize the device. Garmin Connect on my iPhone does not fully setup the device. Gets to the point where the Edge shows that it's paired with my phone, it even gets text message pop ups but when I try to send my ride info over to my phone Garmin Connect doesn't recognize the device.

I'm assuming that the GUPDATE.GCD file is added to the device files via Garmin Express but I can't even do that because it won't connect? I'm on an iMac.

Help please.
  • I think it is time to take a serious look at Wahoo. I have invested a ton of money on Garmin over the years, from bike computers to multi-sport watches and power meters, all in an effort to get everything to play nice with each other, and yet there are still issues even within their own products (Vector 3 is a bit of a disappointment), and now I upgrade my phone from an Android system (because that is garbage also) to a more reliable iOS iPhone only to find out that Garmin has issues with that platform.

Garmin: these are not cheap products, we are not buying these from some unknown knock-off manufacturer out of a developing country. You need to do better than this. I have over $2000 in Gamin products, get your act together and deliver quality products.
  • I'm on an iPhone X with iOS 11.4.1, Garmin Connect 4.9.2.1, Garmin Express 6.6.0.0.

I for the life of me cannot get the Edge 820 to sync to anything. I looked up the info to roll back the firmware but I cannot get Garmin Express to recognize the device. Garmin Connect on my iPhone does not fully setup the device. Gets to the point where the Edge shows that it's paired with my phone, it even gets text message pop ups but when I try to send my ride info over to my phone Garmin Connect doesn't recognize the device.

I'm assuming that the GUPDATE.GCD file is added to the device files via Garmin Express but I can't even do that because it won't connect? I'm on an iMac.

Help please.

Same problem over here! Just received the Edge 820 yesterday evening. After update, problems as described. (iPhone 8 plus). I'll try switching back to an old Android phone/tablet to check if that might do the trick.

Otherwise it would be nice to get some effective help from Garmin themselves. (Their bluetooth tutorial did not do the trick)
  • I had same problem after upgrading to 9.1, but I finally managed to fix the problem …

This is how I did it:
    - I have removed both Edge devices from my bluetooth setting on my phone (iPhone 7 Plus)
    - downgraded my Garmin to 8.70
    - after downgrade I have connected my Garmin to iPhone successfully
    - then I waited that Garmin Connect App sends the 9.1 update to my Garmin Edge
    - then I upgraded Garmin Edge to 9.1
    - And from here I did something different than all the previous attempts
    - when Garmin upgrade is finished, you get notification on the screen that phone is unpaired and if you wish to pair the phone
    - here I clicked the X (cancel the pairing)

- then I entered to the menu on Garmin Edge (settings, phone …)
    - enabled Bluetooth
    - enter in the pairing menu
    - then on my iphone started to add the device from Garmin Connect App and from here I was able to pair the phone successfully.

Try, maybe it will do the trick for you also.

Regards
    Ervin
  • Hi all, for what it's worth - after the debacle and difficulty of upgrading to 9.00 I decided to ignore 9.10. But then 2 days ago took the plunge and tried 10.0. It worked fine first time, and the Edge did not lose any settings.

Regards
    Mark
  • Hi,
    Yes, it seems firmware 10.00 solves the bluetooth connection to Iphones finally. At least, it worked for me flawlessly following the instructions shown on the Edge.