This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

edge 820 Cadence

I just bought an Edge 820. Cant get it to show cadence. It is picking up the duo trap sensor and showing speed. But no cadence. Any ideas? Thanks.
  • Firstly, are you sure speed is from the sensor not GPS? make sure GPS is off so that you're certain it's sensor data. If speed doesn't show it may be a battery issue in the sensor.
    My next check would be the crank magnet position. If the 820 has found it as a speed/cadence combo sensor then the sensor would appear to be working. If the magnet looks right, try passing a magnet closer to the frame where the sensor is or even take the sensor out of the frame for a test.
  • I spent hours trying to get to get my new Explore 820 to 'find' my existing cadence/speed sensor which works fine with my 500. I was trying to do it through Cadence to no avail. I just tried All Sensors with the cadence being the only one active and it found it straight away!!! I had also turned GPS off some try's earlier and it was still off when I got success - don't know if this also helped.
  • Try Cycplus a C1. I have 3 of them and works like charm!
  • Because the sensor was a combined sensor (speed and cadence) you needed to search for speed/cadence and not cadence. Searching for cadence will only find dedicated cadence sensors Once you changed your search to "search all" it found the combined speed/cadence sensor.