20.19 - Music Control - Song title/ Artist wont change after playing next or previous tracks

Everything works volume, previous/ pause / next button.

Just that the Song title/ Artist information wont change or no display Song title/ Artist information.

Anyone have such problem with the 840?

• I have tha same problem with galaxy s22 plus and Garmin 6x sapphire 

Seems like it started just now.

Tried rebooting the watch and logout from Spotify as mentioned, now it still controls the music but no song name at all , just blank. 

Anyone else? 

• Previous I deleted Connect IQ Store, read somewhere that would be the issue. Deleted store, reinstalled. Stopped connect and store and Spotify. On opening Spotify, titles didn't work so for me reinstall of store was not the fix I hoped for.

Now I've got the workaround going. When title is broken, I exit Spotify. Close app, clear cache.

Restart Spotify, log out. Log in and title works again.

Think it's not a big issue to fix in the code, assume connect to be the issue.

• Yes this was the workaround and its annoying.

Unless u keep the Spotify App open in the background.

Once you disconnect or kill the Spotify App, the title will be broken again.

• On my pixel 7 pro with edge 840 and Fenix 7, title also breaks when I keep Spotify open in the background.

Or do you mean to keep it playing continuously?

• Same here but with garmin venu and Samsung S20, everything worked fine, i could play spotify on the phone and title and artist song and bule circle for time worked fine, and then I joinned the beta update and everything went wrong, I unistall and install everything connect, IQ store and spotify and nothing works, some of the installations make it works but just once and then when the song changes the watch keeps stuck in former song title. I am sure this is because the new beta update. 

• I'm on the beta program as well.

I'll see if I can leave it. Don't want to be the crippled guinea pig for Garmin, unpayed.

• Try doing this for both the connect app and the spotify app: 

1. Access phone’s Settings.

2. Select Apps.

3. Select the Connect app (do these steps for Spotify also).

4. Select Battery.

5. Touch Optimize Battery Usage.

6. Disable battery optimization.

7. Adjusting these settings will ensure that the Garmin Connect app is fully running on your smartphone. 

• I've signed out of the beta program on connect app, just after my post. Title keeps working. 

If titles aren't displayed again, I'll restore them by clearing cache and signing out and in. Then I'll give battery optimization a try.

Edit: title/track display stopped working. Restored it's function by signing out and in. Disabled battery optimization.

Keep you posted on the results....

Change power management also no permanent fix.

• If these steps: 

1. Access phone’s Settings.

2. Select Apps.

3. Select the Connect app (do these steps for Spotify also).

4. Select Battery.

5. Touch Optimize Battery Usage.

6. Disable battery optimization.

7. Adjusting these settings will ensure that the Garmin Connect app is fully running on your smartphone.  

do not resolve it, please send me a direct message and let me know what kind of phone you have, what version your app and edge is on, and what country you are located in.