This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Map Controls

During an activity, the map controls should disappear after a few seconds of inactivity.

On the map, there are four controls: plus & minus to zoom the map, hand to pan the map and an arrow to change the map's orientation (track up vs. north up).  These controls overlay the map and cause the map to be cluttered.  Tapping the screen should cause the controls to appear and after a period of inactivity (a few seconds) the controls should disappear.

• Bro, thanks for replying and letting me know. Interesting! I returned my new 840 after one day to the seller and ordered a 1030 Plus, so I'm going with Micro-USB..I've seen some vidz on YouTube and on the 1030 Plus the Buttons disappear after some Seconds after starting the ride.

It's so bad that the PAN-/Hand-Button can directly hide the route on the map when you are going just straight ahead.

Will buy a Micro-USB Reversible Cable for charging, so I don't have to mind about putting in the cable with the right side.

Will also try a If a magnetic-plug for Micro-USB will fit in the Charging Slot.

Hope that helps for someone!

Magnetic Plug:

Reversible Cable:

• Totally agree with this, how about putting the hand on the right hand side opposite the compass arrow or better still allow and option for the buttons to fade and return at a screen press. I wonder if anyone at Garmin has ever ridden with an Edge and thought "I like that hand hiding the route in front of me".