This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bryton S800 launched with very interesting 3.4" screen and 830 price...

Bryton launched S800 device. rumours has it that Garmin is gonna launch something June 1st. I'm holding for it, but if they don't provide a larger screen with similar footprint I am jumping ship. it even has cycling dynamics!!! Only thing is missing is light control, but on paper it seems the best Garmin killer right now. Oh, and 36 hours of battery life??? Wow!

• Any plans to do a YouTube review ?

Would offer a good insight into the unit from a trusted and independent reviewer who knows what he's talking about.

• Not at this point. Bryton didn't loop me in on this release and haven't provided a unit. To be honest, I'd have to be convinced to spend time looking at it. The last two I've had simply ended up with me providing them a whole list of things they needed to address/fix to simply meet their own marketing. The views are also extremely low and give me no return whatsoever. 

• Doesn't Bryton support something like RidewithGPS/Strava routing? The routing function on 830 is also ***, no where near Hammerhead. I tried twice the routing function on 830 and never used it then.

• Garmin still has a lot to fix on the 830 to meet their marketing. Maybe it's something inherent in this business?