This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Firmware for Asian devices?

Can someone from Garmin please provide an update on when you plan to release a newer version for your Asian users?

My Edge 830 Asia is still on 2.80...

• Since the 4.10 update I'm unable to "acquire satellites".

Everything else does work fine. Several Reset/ Sync/ 2h cycling in the "free" didn't help.

Garmin Express does not offer any updates/ downgrades...

Software 4.10 GPS Version 0.0 TSC 0.24.00 WLAN 2.1

Anybody else with this issue?

I do assume 5.0 for Asia will take a while :-(

• Sorry for digging this out. I think the 830 Asia version is on the same release channel as other regions? I got my 830 during the Garmin down period and it was 5.20. When the Garmin Connect is up again, the unit updated itself to 5.50. Also, I can't find any 830 Asia firmware update change log page like other old devices (e.g. 1030 Asia); yet I found 830 Chinese translation files.

So, can anyone confirm that there is no longer different firmware updates but just translation files for different regions?

• Don’t try to mix those software’s. APAC is APAC and all other are ROW, and they don’t go together. I live inside the APAC region, but i never ever buy anything from here, then you are stuck with the software, so my advice, if you are able to read englis, buy ROW. Only thing against it is of course the warranty if something go wrong.