This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replacement battery garmin edge 820

Hi 

where can I purchase an authentic battery with the same life as when I bought garmin new . Battery lasts about 3 hours at moment before going to battery save mode.

Option A - believe it can be sent back to garmin to replace but where and what is cost

Option B - I am handy so can change the battery in garmin 820 myself. If I can get correct battery might be an option 

regards colm 

• Check what battery it has and look for a shop.

Quick search gives that originally it's probably:

1ICP7/32/41
    3.7V, 700mAh, 2.59Wh
    Joules Miles Co. Ltd

But double check it with your device.

Also good to recall if device lost its power capacity suddenly or gradually, to be sure it's battery. If suddenly then good to try reset first.

• Thanks for reply. It has lost it gradually I usually being a battery charge bank to plug in on longer spins. I will open up and see once I have made mind what route to take thanks colm 

• I have considered it, but aftermarket batteries I've used in previous Edge and other devices never lasted very long, and even with a good original battery, the 820 battery life isn't very good.  I currently use a small USB stick type power bank that I velcro to a tube of my bikes.  I run the Edge on its battery until it starts getting low then plug in the power bank and run off that as the Edge charges.  I can't use this in the wet, so if wet, I just rely on the fully charged 820 battery.  So far this has worked well for me.  If the 820's battery deteriorates further, I might replace it then...or maybe just bite the bullet and get a newer model, possibly a different brand.