This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upload failed, upload failed.

• I cannot upload my ride. I am staying in a guest house on Lake Champlain and I am close enough to throw my 820 in the water I am so frustrated. Upload failed is message every time I try to upload. I thought it was solved last time I redid it. I am not going to go through this process again. I tried turning off auto upload but that did not work either. 
  • Are you uploading via your phone?  I occasionally get an "upload failed" message even though the ride successfully uploaded, so check to see if it has uploaded anyway.  It might also depend on how solid your cell data connection is if your phone is not connected via wifi.  On rare occasion, the Garmin server has gone down which prevented uploads.

Anyway, if you have access to a computer you can try uploading via a USB cable. 

• My Edge 820 is doing that also..  This is a recent issue..  And I noticed that Garmin Connect was just recently updated.  Also i can't connect to wifi width my Edge.  all seems to be happening within the last week.  I can't offer any solutions.. Just sympathy as I have been having to plug my edge into my pc to upload the rides..  I was able to upload through garmin connect by sync'ing the phone with the edge but that has gone by the way side now too after I did a reset of my edge in hopes of making it all better.  DOH!!!!!

• My 820 finally upload automatically about 4 hours after my ride. I cant explain it.

• I just replied, but it doesn't look like it got posted so lets try again. I just went for a short ride  and the ride did not upload automatically. I tried to upload it and "upload failed.". So I went thought the entire process again which I hate doing, remove device, unpair,etc and reconnected and it uploaded immediately when I chose upload. Why doesn't this work anymore. I am not going to do this again. I will get a Wahoo element and be done with this madness.Can someone reply to this and tell me why I am having these problems every time I go for a ride??!!

• I am having the same issue. My iPhone is connected with my Garmin Edge 520 and when I try to upload my ride to Garmin Connect, it says "Upload Failed" each time. I unpaired and repaired my iPhone with the Edge 520 and am still getting the same result.

I tried connecting the Edge 520 to my laptop using the USB cable, but my laptop doesn't recognize that there's a device connected. Garmin Express on my laptop doesn't recognize that the Edge 520 is connected either.

Any ideas on how I get this particular file off my Garmin?

• I am having the same issue. My iPhone is connected with my Garmin Edge 520 and when I try to upload my ride to Garmin Connect, it says "Upload Failed" each time. I unpaired and repaired my iPhone with the Edge 520 and am still getting the same result.

I was tearing my hair out with a very similar issue (and with my hair, I can't afford to be doing that!) - it's worth checking your Privacy Settings in the Garmin Connect app - specifically:

Settings ⇒ Profile & Privacy ⇒ Data ⇒ Device Upload ⇒ Device Upload (Toggle On)

Ensure that the 'Device Upload' option is enabled - if it isn't then this is most likely the source of your problem - enable it and you should be good to go. There's a similar configuration option on the Garmin Connect website too.

• I experienced this issue every so often.  I turned it off and left it off for a day or so, then turned it on, and it allowed my to finally upload the ride.