This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can anyone recommend a battery replacement for this poor excuse of a cycling computer?

Ideally one that doesn't drain almost as fast off (properly powered off) as when on? When fully charged it's doing its job and survives quite happily for my typical 3-4h rides but for some reason it has this constant battery drain meaning I've grabbed what I think would be a fully charged unit to find it has virtually no power left. I don't understand this as it's a lithium ion battery which should only lose 1-2% of life per month. My device goes fully flat from full in under two weeks. The device is two years old and I ride about 3000 km per year.

• I agree with all of looigi's posts past and present.  I have used a power bank too, especially in cold weather when battery performance is not as good.  Keep in mind that the unit's temperature reading will be higher than normal due to being charged during your ride.  You can also contact Garmin for a refurbished 820 for a "modest" price in exchange for yours.  The refurbished will be as good or better than when the 820 first came out.  On the flip side, you might wish to apply the cost of a refurb for a newer model, which will have better features than the 820.  Check eBay for some factory refurb models. I use my 820 on my secondary bike and as a backup to my 1030 on my main bike.  I have also rigged up a Garmin mount with a makeshift wrist strap so I can log a walk or run with it.  It's a stretch to use it for strength training, but I can get some data like heart rate using it.  In essence, the 820 technology is pretty outdated.