This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

compass arrow direction

Hi everybody,
There is something that I want to talk about for a long time but I always forgot because it is not THAT important.
Strange that nobody spoke about the compass arrow direction, when you navigate to the north the arrow shows upside to the south downside what I think is normal, but if you go west the arrow show's right instead to the left and vice versa for navigating east can I change this somewhere?
Thx
  • The blue arrow (near the center) indicates your position and your heading (the direction you are facing and moving towards).

It's not a "compass arrow". A compass arrow always points north.

* You can choose to have the map displayed as "north up". In this case, the map will always be oriented with north at the top of the screen. The heading arrow will change direction.

* Or you can display the map as "track up". In this case, the map is rotated to match your heading. The heading arrow will (basically) ways point to the top of the screen. In this mode, the unit displays a compass arrow pointing north somewhere else on the map (the compass arrow is also the indicator that the map is "track up").

===================

The advantage to having the map "track up" is that screen directly matches what you are seeing.

With that setting, if you see a road to the right, the road will be on the right on the map.

If you've set the map to "north up",a road that is at your physical right might be to the left, straight ahead, straight behind, or to the right on the screen.

It's probably better to get used to "track up".

Generally, you don't care where north is.
  • I always use now "track up" and I think I know why I do not use north ... I tell more Monday
  • I come back with this post because yesterday I saw an interesting thing into the SmartCycle IQ app, somewhere Into that application there is a blue compass arrow who is going into the correct direction.