This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Mobile, Edge 820, Syncs but cannot send workout to Edge

I have the Edge 820, Phone with Garmin Mobile, I can sync, auto upload activities, but when I try to send a workout to Edge the mobile says Edge 820 not compatible device. how to fix?

Edge 820 software version: 8.80
Gamin Moble App version:4.1.5
Iphone OS: 11.2.1

I have 2 Edge 820 Devices and they both have this issue.
  • Hello, I have the same problem. How did you solve ir?

• I have also the same problem with my Edge 820 

Not compatible?

• Same problem. I can’t send my course anymore. It was working fine since about a week. Then last wednesday the device is in the non compatible list. I’m was using my iPhone to send my course to the edge 820  and then suddently it’s incompatible. I tried to reset the edge. I tried to reinstall connect on my iPhone. Nothing work. My guest is the new iOS because tuesday was the big happening at Apple. They upgrade iOS for their major new feature. Since this time it’s weird.

Also, at the beggining only my edge 820 was in the incompatible list. But after reinstalling connect my Fenix 5X is now also in the incompatible list.  

the solution for now is to use my computer and Garmin Express to send my course to my device. 

• I have the same issue with workouts. The 820 edge is in the not compatible list. Can't send workouts to the device. Courses work fine but the Workouts don't work at all.

• I know this original issue was raised a long time ago, but I see others have suddenly started seeing problems this week just as I have.  I can sync a route to my 820 just fine using Garmin Express on my laptop.  However, my 820 shows up as “Incompatible” when using the latest Garmin Connect app on the latest version of iOS though.

My guess is that the latest mobile app (released 3 days ago) has a problem.  I hope it gets fixed soon.  In the meantime I hope others may have luck syncing courses and workouts from their computers.

FWIW, the app lists my Fenix 3 HR as a compatible device.

• Same problem, upload iphone 14. this weekend and i can't send my course Garmin connect to my Edge (not compatible list) !

• Same problem....have transferred hundreds of courses from Garmin connect to my 820 edge over the last 3 years...was working fine as recently as last week....tried today and the 820 is showing as "not compatible".???? what's changed...spoke to Garmin support and they said (after a few factory resets and deleting the app and etc etc that the next step was for me to buy a reconditioned edge 820 off them for £92....then I see that everyone is having the same issues....be pleased to know the solution before I head off to wahoo

• to be clearer, I usually transfer rides from the GC app on my iPhone direct to my edge 820....as of today and a very unproductive call to Garmin CS, I am having to plug my edge into my Mac and transfer rides from GC webpage using the "transfer to device" tab. The suggested factory reset did absolutely nothing apart from cause me to lose all my activity profiles that I have customised over the years, and I now have the need to move a load of rides back across to my edge 820 . The fact that edge 820 users are all getting similar degradation of features at the same time tells me Garmin have made a change on their side that has caused it. I won't be paying for a replacement unit Garmin, I'll use GC webpage to move courses across until you realise a fix....Please get a move on..

• Same problem here.

iOS 15 on my iPhone

Garmin Connect version 4.47.1.2 on that iPhone

Garmin Edge 820 software version 12.70

Syncing is working but I can not send a course to the Edge. The Edge is in the NOT COMPATBLE list. Three days ago this was just working with iOS 14.7

When will this be solved?

• Same problem here - very frustrating  

ios 15

Garmin connect 4.47.2

garmin edge 520 plus