This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to update with a none responsive touchscreen?

Hi
Bought this today and the touchscreen was not working so I connected to my computer on Garmin express and it says there was an update available from 4.10 to 5.20. So it downloaded to the unit. However, when it reboots it says "software update 5.20 and asks that I click "remind me" or "install now"... question is since the touchscreen is not responsive how may I complete the install?
  • If the following does not work then you will need to contact Garmin Support and they can give you a PC program and an rgn file that will let you update the software without having to touch the screen.

Try doing a complete reset of the unit.
    Non-prompted Non-Vol Clear - Clears NV and deletes all FIT files including Activities, Courses, Workouts.

• Turn device off
    • Hold Lap/Reset and Start/Stop
    • Press and release the power button
    • Continue to hold only Lap/Reset and Start/Stop
    • Release Lap/Reset and Start/Stop when the Garmin Logo is cleared
    • The unit will restart and clear non-vol
  • In my case, the touchscreen failure was resolved by delete the .xml file that's in the root of the Garmin folder of the device.  Apparently, among other things, it controls the display drivers.