This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta 9.79 might have fixed the sensor drops!!!

Hi,

I used my 530 today for the first time after the Beta (9.79) installation and rode my MTB with only my Garmin 945 as a pulse sensor and my Samsung S21 connected via BT for accident alert.

Looked on the 1:20hr ride pulse chart and it seems to be full with no drops.

Will ride later this week on my eMTB with cadence, power and other sensors as well to make sure it is w/o any drops as well.

THANKS!!!!

• Done! Thank you very much. Now I will try to if with version 9.75 elevation is correclty calculated...

• Just had many drops on yesterday's ride with my eMTB.

Seems after a long pause when the bikes went off, reconnecting resulted in many drops.

• Auto reply... Even with 9.75 the elevation is not calculated correclty... Disappointed So the issue was not the beta but it's something else..

• 9.79B was working for me for a few weeks, now I can’t even connect to my phone or anything. Curious as to what to do now

• Have you deleted the phone from the Garmin, and the Garmin from the phone, then tried to connect?

• Yes I did. And reset the entire device and it still is having issues. It’s over a year old and Garmin Customer service would not replace it for free, which really surprises me. Just ordered a new 1030 on Amazon to get me by. I guess I’ll wait for the newest update and try the 530 again as a spare. Pretty dispointed in Garmin for not replacing this like they have when my watch altimeter stopped working. They sent me a new one no questions asked. 

• It may seem strange, but I gave a go on letting Wi-Fi on and connecting to my home network. I always tried to shut down wi-fi on the device thinking it could preserve battery life.

How is this strange? Because the disconnections disappeared. Three rides, one with over 180km and not a single disconnect. not even the radar.

Can you give it a go?