This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Bug report]: last (farthest) Saved Location is missing from the list

I dont know what is the threshold for this bug, maybe 50, but I had had just 1 Saved Location before uploading 52 more. I could not see the farthest from my present location. As a test I added one more being even farther than the previous farthest, and the previous farthest has appeared in the list, while the new farthest is not visible.

So to avoid it one has to use a FAKE_Loc being just in the opposite spot of our globe. ;-)

Just to clarify it I speak about Menu/Navigation/Saved Locations.

• It might be a UI issue. Could you post the location.fit file from the Garmin\Locations folder and I can see how many are in there. You can send via private message is you like.

The Garmin web site says that it should support 200 way[points

• Sure, I had checked the locations/waypoint limit, too. Just to be sure that not 50 is the limit.

In the meantime I made a sort of hard reset  also (the one holding both buttons down), and after I repeated the wp upload. Same results, last is missing.

Why had I reset?! Because longer courses (tracks with many thousands points) can be uploaded to 530 with Mapsource or Basecamp, but it kills Edge. I uploaded one with appr. 75 K points.

(I tried later and this course killed GC web, too, all the browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) were hanging on as “not responded”.)

My device was constantly trying to load courses after powering it up, but couldnt and repeated it, without any help.

Maybe Edge 530 should reject  ( or automatically delete) thouses courses which are too big as a data file for it.

Today I am not with my Edge, so I will send the fit file later, until Sunday, but even me will check it with a fit file parser, because your idea is good.

• I cannot upload it, because as the website msg says

"Only known URLs and the following file extensions are allowed: 123, aac, ai, aiff, art, asf, asx, avi, bmp, csd, db, dmg, doc, docx, drw, eml, flac, flv, gdb, gif, gz, ics, iq, jpeg, jpg, log, m4a, m4p, m4v, mdb, mdbx, mid, midi, mmv, mov, mp3, mp4, mpg, msg, ogg, pdf, png, pps, ppt, pptx, prg, ps, psd, qt, ram, rar, rm, rtf, sit, sitx, sql, tif, tiff, txt, vcf, vcs, wav, wma, wmv, wpd, wps, xls, xlsx, xml, zip. Please select a valid file or enter a valid URL."

So a .fit file cannot be uploaded. What a stupid exclusion/restriction?! An .xml file can be more dangerous than a .fit file, and this whole website is about .fit, .gpx and .tcx files.

I tried to rename the extension to .123 as an example, I tried to zip it a .rar file, but all of my attempts were rejected when I pushed the reply button.

I even tried to copy the contents of the -fit file into an xlsx file, but also that solution was rejected by the website. I have no clue, why. Xlsx is listed as an approved format.

So I can copy here in this clumsy format:

Locations.fit
    Open FIT file
    file_id
    1 row(s)

serial_number time_created field 7 manufacturer product number type
    3406546149 - - garmin 3121 - 8
    file_creator
    1 row(s)

field 2 software_version hardware_version
    - 940 -
    mesg_num 29
    54 row(s)

Having checked it on fitfileviewer.com (thanks to Harry!) made it clear for me that all the 54 waypoints have been properly uploaded, but as I wrote the farthest called "____FAKE_LAST_WP" is not visible in the list on Edge 530.

So as you call it it is a UI issue.

Btw thanks for your reaction, I got none neither from Garmin, nor from host-type-user on Fenix 6 forum when I reported bugs.

• Zip the file and upload that.

(I have no idea why this website doesn't let you upload GPS file.)

• I'm not seeing that issue on my unit, so it could be something to do with the name assigned to one of them.

I would suspect this entry

1023644083 S:A?tzaler Gletscherstrasse

If you could zip up the locations file and post it then I can try it on my unit.

• I tried to rename the extension to .123 as an example, I tried to zip it a .rar file, but all of my attempts were rejected when I pushed the reply button.

Dear both,

I explicitly wrote that I also zipped it and tried to upload it this way. It seems that in my case not the format was the problem, but there was a general restriction regarding uploading a file. Either something linked to my account or the browser (MS Edge).

In a couple of days I will make another attempt from another PC/laptop. Unfortunately posting from an ipad or an iphone does not give the option of insterting anything, not even a photo. Right now I have only these devices around me.

• I will PM you with my email. That way when convenient you can try emailing it.

• Thx for your offer and your help. I sent it.

• I will let you know what I find

• No findings could you finally make? I mean I got no feedback whether it is a general bug or just something very special coincidence.