This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Trailforks Won't Work - Error Code 400

I live in NC, and while I live near Charlotte, I occasionally travel to Pisgah National Forest or Dupont to mountain bike.  Inevitably, whenever I try to use my Edge 530, and specifically the Trailforks mapping, it won't work.  I usually try to pick my route in advance, and I make the route a "favorite" before I leave my house, and everything is fine.  When I get to the trails, I receive an Error Code 400 message and I can't get the map (or Trailforks on the Edge 530) to work.

What is Error Code 400?  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  For what it's worth, it also seems like I have cell phone service.

• Could you provide steps outlining what you do on your Edge that generates this error? For example, does this error populate during a ride, when you select the route from the menu, or when you open the TrailForks app? 

Any additional info will help us investigate this on our end. 

• I literally turn the 530 on, I navigate to the Trailforks app, click on "My Routes", and then the circle starts going as if it's going to enter the app, and then the Error Code 400 message appears.  

• Thank you for the clarification. Would you be okay with being emailed directly to gather some more information? 

• So, Blake, I’ve not heard from you. Has Garmin resolved this issue with the 530?

• So, Blake, you never emailed me. Has Garmin resolved this issue with the 530?

• I do apologize about that, but I cannot explain it as a message was sent previously. I will send out another email today. 

• Any resolution to this? I suspect it happens when out of cell coverage or the edge isn’t connected to the phone?

it happened to me today at the trailhead with no coverage 

• I have exactly this same issue on my Edge 830, but only when I don't have cell service.  I can replicate it easily by:

1) Favorite a route in Trailforks while online.  It shows up under IQ -> Trailforks -> My Routes when my phone is connected to the internet.
    2) Set phone to airplane mode.  Go IQ -> Trailforks -> My Routes.  Receive "Error -400"

I tried contacting Garmin support, but it was frustrating and useless.  They seem to believe that owners of mountain bike computers should always have internet connectivity.  

• I have exactly this same issue on my Edge 830, but only when I don't have cell service.  I can replicate it easily by:

1) Favorite a route in Trailforks while online.  It shows up under IQ -> Trailforks -> My Routes when my phone is connected to the internet.
    2) Set phone to airplane mode.  Go IQ -> Trailforks -> My Routes.  Receive "Error -400"

I tried contacting Garmin support, but it was frustrating and useless.  They seem to believe that owners of mountain bike computers should always have internet connectivity.