This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DI2 wont Pair with new Edge 530

I just replaced my Edge 520 with a new Edge 530.  When I check the box to add my DI2 as a sensor, the circle on the top just keeps spinning. The only way to exit it to use the back button, and then it asks if I wish to exit without saving.  I’ve updated all the DI2 software for all the components and it just won’t pair.

• I have just purchased a certified Garmin Edge 520 "Refurbished" from Amazon. It will not pair to my Di2. I have the the EW-WU111 with a BT-DN110 seatpost batterywhich I can confirm is working successfully (and has been for 9 months) as I can connect with the shimano e-Tube app and have the latest frmware updates on all devices (EW-WU111 4.6.0 and Bluetooth LE 4.7.1.0 - BT-DN110 ver 4.4.4 and bar end EW-RS910 ver 3.1.2) I did have all parts integral and read that can be a limiting factor with pairing. I have completely dismantled the system and externalised all the junctions and modules. I have followed other recommendations and placed the garmin adjacent to the EW-WU111 in the same hand while the Garmin was searching for Di2 shifting and I was pressing both front and rear gear levers. Nothing. The Garmin Firmware has been (auto)updated to 13.2 and I have performed a Factory Reset. I am suspecting the Garmin device is faulty with Di2 and the refurb did not validate these extended features. Can you provide some extended diagnostic tests before I return the device as faulty? Many thanks.

Added: I have also disconnected the EW-WU111 from the battery for > 30 seconds as others suggested that did a retest. No change

APOLOGIES... I realised my post should be in the 520 forum.... this thread came up in my search results

• Hi - I’m not by my bike but seen to recall you can disable ANT+ on the DI2 wireless module.  The 520 plus is ANT+ only so if it’s switched off the Edge will not see it.

• You sir. Are a legend. Thank you so much. As soon as I saw this post I remembered a configuration option for one or other and of course at the time I had no need for Ant+ on Di2 so had disabled it. You suggestion prompted  me straight to that setting which of course I had set to Bluetooth LE only and nyo Ant+/Bluetooth LE. 1 change and it worked straight away. Thank you and Happy New Year :D

• That’s great to hear.  Happy New Year to you too!  

• Ditto on Grinnders deeming you a legend.  I've had the Di2 on my Domane for some time, just purchased the 1030 Plus.  Speed and HR sensors paired easily, absolutely no luck with the Di2.  I'd actually requested return authorization from Garmin when I saw these posts.  Went in the E-Tube app, changed connection from LE to LE and ANT+, immediate success.  Thanks!

• I have the DI2 Ultegra 8050, I believe is 2019 model, I don't have a way to see, but I've tried to sync my Garmin 530 and so far no luck, also I downloaded the e-tube app and also I couldn't setup the DI2 there. any thoughts on how I can make them to pair

• Do you definitely have the wireless module installed (EW-WU111)?

• I had the same problem trying to connect my Edge 530 to my Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8150, 12-speed.  The edge recognized the Di2, I checked the box for the Di2 under sensors, and like you the circle on the top just kept spinning.  I called Garmin and within five minutes we had figured out the problem.  User error (or poor user interface).  AFTER checking the box, you need to scroll up on the Edge to select "Add Sensor".  It then quickly paired and works fine.  Note that my Shimano has Ant+/Bluetooth built in, so I didn't need to get an additional Ant transmitter.

• Thank you. I was struggling for hours to connect my DI2 until I saw your post . I think I'd go with "unintuitive" use interface.