This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Constant blue arrow and beeping while riding

I'm a new 530 owner and tried to take it for a ride today. I was constantly faced with the screen below: a blue arrow facing to the right and incessant beeping. I tried following a course, doing a timed workout, doing a distance ride... nothing helped. 

The GPS seemed to be working fine since it was actually showing me the right turn-by-turn directions. The hill climbing feature was working too - correctly showed me climbing the hill.

Any ideas? I cannot figure out how to get this to go away and it beeps about every 4-5 seconds while riding (!)

• thanks rick.. I have been dealing with this issue for the past few rides

• Awesome. Thank you guys! Much appreciated. 

• More specifically, it is the Prompted Autostart feature. You can turn this to full Autostart, or manual start only.

Although I leave mine on Prompted - there's been a couple of long rides where I have only checked the head unit 5-10 minutes into a long ride, which throws off the rest of my navigation.

• This was definitely my problem. Seems like a weird place to put it. Also seems like something they should’ve included in a manual. Seems overly complicated and I’m a CIO! Thanks for this response. I never even saw that button! 

• It’s on page 1 :-)    Quite why the button is on the bottom of the unit rather than the top where it would be much easier to locate is more of a mystery.

• I just transitioned from an Edge 500 to the 530. 

I like the idea that the 530 buttons are dedicated rather than switching function depending on what mode that you are in.

But my fingers have keep going back to the buttons for the 500. 

• This problem is back with the latest update (202100327)....and yes, as a 20year Garmin, user I started the thing! Lost about 12km of riding today and a ton of time a few times this week, trying to get the 530 to work. Confused most pesky....c’mon Garmin. Next stop trying Garmin Express to update software and firmware (yes, things are that bad)

• Had the same problem. When I load the route it just says ride to start .so just tapped ride and thought that was it .didn't know you had to press the start button .Will give it a go thanks for the help

• Ditto. New user, out of the box, learning how to use an Edge Explorer. After an hour of stop start on rocky trail paths with many gates I eventually worked out that the intermittently appearing symbol obliterating the map on the screen was telling me to press the button with the same symbol.  Seems a very weird design decision to have this as the default since it obliterates most of what is on the screen rather than manual or full auto. Maybe it makes more sense for road cycling.

BTW, am still trying to find out what the big green arrow means when that flashes up (and obliterates the map) after you have manually started the recording. I assume it means ‘recording’ but the manual doesn’t explain that either.