This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

zoom/pan in map view keeps zoom level

hi forums,

when in map view and selecting pan/zoom and then browse map and browsing the map and zooming in or out there, the zoom level is set and when returning back to the map view the old zoom-level is gone. so i have to go back to pan/zoom and set zoom level to get the old zoom level back.

this is quite annoying. and as there is a separate set zoom level function why would the browse map function set the zoom level?

is this on purpose or just a software bug which will be gone in a future version?

thanks

• hi,

thanks. i know this option. but this is not the issue here.

• yes I know that this is not solution of this issue. Maybe make more comfortable...

• thanks. but the issue is different:

i have zoom level A. i am going to "pan/zoom" and then to "browse map" (this is strictly for browsing not making any changes!), here i am e.g. zooming out to zoom-level B and browsing inside the map. when i leave the map-browsing the map then stays at zoom-level B. this is  annoying as i only want to look around the map and not change the zoom level. this not the expected behaviour for this option as this behaviour is already covered by "pan/zoom"-->"set zoom level" where i can change the zoom level. "browse map" should be for browsing only. seems to be a software error.

• You are right. The same for my device. Probably it is property or SW bug. But when I use enter button for 2s, I can see again zoom control and I can fix it manually. It is quicker than go again to the menu for browsing map and there again adjust zoom A. As I said - not solution but more comfortable to adjust the zoom level back

• ok, thanks! but i don't want to be fixing something which shouldn't be there in the first place. garmin should have a better quality control of their software on their not really cheap devices…