This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 not finding/pairing with Powertap G3

Spent the last couple of days on the phone with Garmin trying to trouble shoot this. The hub pairs and works perfectly with my Garmin 500 so I suspected the 520 to be at fault, but to be sure I also took my Powertap to the local dealer to make sure hub's firmware was up-to-date and otherwise functional (it was).

So this evening Garmin finally concluded that it was likely a defective unit and offered me a free exchange (although the rep would not promise that the 520 was actually compatible with the G3 hub).

The kicker (to the nads it feels like) is that the phone rep said Garmin can't get me a replacement Edge 520 for at least three weeks (!!!) So I'm already kind of annoyed and definitely not feeling keen on waiting nearly another month for what could very well be another $300 box-o-disappointment.

Any words of hope/advice from 520/G3 users--does it pair? I'm close to just kicking the whole 520 idea into the bin and sticking with the proven (and honestly pretty dang awesome) Edge 500

Thanks
  • No pairing possible with Stages

Same here with Stages Powermeter. Fenix 3 pairs, Edge 520 doesn't. All other sensors (cadence, speed, temperature, HR) connect to Edge without problems. Very, very frustating. On Edge I tried master reset, firmware downgrade, firmware upgrade - no success. :(
  • In case anyone wants to still follow along, I received a Forerunner 935 today and it also pairs fine with my weird G3 hub.

I'm still hoping to check another edge of some type, but it hasn't been a priority or easy possibility yet.
  • Did you ever try doing a reset of the 520?
  • I tried a factory reset as well as a format of the device (via PC when connected to USB) -- neither seems to have made a difference in this area :(

Somewhat assuming I'll have to try to find a new powercap yet, but I will also try to have a friend loan me there Edge if I can sometime (still somewhat low priority in early Spring with other PMs to use).

Thanks for all of the replies so far!
  • Works just fine with Edge 530.