This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

520 Plus not receiving acquiring satellites?

Morning everyone, I was mid ride yesterday when I lost my GPS connection and since then nothing. I have tried syncing, a complete reset and software update and finally manually updating the  file in the Remote SW folder all to no avail. Can anybody recommend a fix?

Thanks Gavin 

• I am having the same problem with my Edge 520. Despite deleting the RemoteSW folder, it keeps saying that it is updating the GPS firmware. Have done full factory reset as well. No longer connected to phone. Even deleted the corresponding firmware update in the Garmin Express directories.

So still not acquiring satellites so no GPS tracking.

• After doing another factory reset, it immediately went to "updating the GPS firmware". this is despite having deleted the RemoteSW folder. I din't even seem to be able to downgrade a version of the software.

• Another experiment downgraded the firmware to 13.0 from 13.10 but still went "updating the GPS firmware" on restart. Where is this upgrade stored?

• For some odd reason, it has attempted ti o install "GPS Chipset Type M5 software version 3.30" firmware. I believe this is what is causing the problem. but I can't find out how to back it out or how to install a version that works.

• Is anyone able to communicate with Garmin support on this issue? I raised the issue via email but now want to chat or call them but the web page no longer gives me those options. I really want this fixed.

• Finally got through to Garmin. It seems that I have to replace the device.