This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 plus Training Effect ?

I just bought Edge 520 plus,  in general I'm dissapointed especialy for lack of Trainning Effect feature for cycling  which is active in my Fenix 5 (older model device than 520 +)

Getting less metrics for my bike rides from ''Cycling oriented device'' than form Multisport watch is not fair...  Esepcialy when it is just a SOFTWARE issue... 

* Seen full TE matrics on edge 530 with traing focus etc    The simple training effect added to the EDGE 520 +  will be a fair deal!    

• Yes, please add this figure to the 520 Plus, I also own a Fenix 5 X Plus and it does ist well, so but I don´t have it when I ride my bike. Please fix it.

• This is not a software 'issue'. This is a feature that was introduced with the Edge 530/830 and later the 1030/1030+. This will not be added to the Edge 520 Plus.

• Very Poor, it is only a SW feature, you could include it if you want.

BTW, why you don´t fix the following bug, when you train with a cycling computer and the Fenix watch at the same time, in the Garmin Connect App apperars this training twice, the true up does´nt work wery well, so it should take the data from both and mix it and show only one training. instead of 2 separates. So I could also get in my cycling Trainig the traings effect too.

• You can gave us at least the ''basic'' option of training effect as in Fenix 5 not Full one like you propose in 530 or fenix 6 with training balance

• I have bought both Fenix 5xPlus and Edge 520 Plus at least one year ago, I´m not thinking by now to buy the newer models, I only want to have the same feature for the training Effect in the 520Plus as I have in my Fenix, and if it is the basic version no problem, I and many other 520 Plus user would be glad about, and for sure, the next one is of course a 530 or 1030, but not jet. Thanks

• I have been using a Fenix 6X and I really liked the whole Garmin system.

I just purchased a 520 plus with the assumption that a Garmin product would work seamlessly with Garmin Connect.  It seemed like a fair assumption considering "Physio Trueup" was mentioned.  I was really disappointed to see no training load for the day I first used my 520 Plus, which was a 80 mile ride (long for me).  This severely affects my overall training status.  I am generally a runner, but I go nice and steady, I depend on cycling to get my anerobic in, now I guess ALL of the training effect will be completely useless since Garmin has decided to not include this feature.

I would have bought a cheaper brand cycling computer if I would have known that this Garmin product had useless integration with other Garmin products.  Lesson learned:  there is no reason to be brand loyal.

• I realy would like to be brand loyal to Garmin, but they make it not easy !!

• The fact that the Garmin Edge 520 Plus doesn't have the training effect is simply unbelievable. I have trained with a Forerunner watch 235, which old and simple, and has the training effect, which I used quite often.Now I have this new device for my bike, brand new and without this feature. On top of that I had to buy the heart-band. Why Garmin is doing this? To profit a couple of more USD or to loose longstanding clients? This is a big dent in my relationship with the company and opens the door for a new brand. 

• Garmin is renowned for bad software ...I bought my Edge 520 plus after having abstained from Garmins for many years only to be disappointed again:(

• Training load used to work in the past with my 645M and the Edge520 plus but not anymore during the last months. Seems something is deactivated during one of the latest software updates on the 645M or 520 plu. Both have latest version installed & Physio true-up is activated.

recovery time is calculated based on both devices, but as the training load is not taken into account the combined recovery time is always overstatie