This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 - Livetrack has no data

The last couple of rides, my Livetrack feed has had no data.  When I start the ride, I get the "Livetrack Started" message on my 520, my wife gets the email link and all that, but there is no data coming in at all (she gets some sort of "no location data" type of error).

When I stop the ride, I get a  message saying that LIvetrack has ended but it seems to not actually close the stream.  I end up having to stop the livetrack on my cellphone (Samsung s9).  Nothing has changed on the phone or GPS in months.

The activity file in Garment Connect has all the data and looks normal, the livetrack map is just a map of the general area with no data or tracking on it at all.

Any ideas?

• Exactly the same problem on my set up, (Sony compact) no changes, worked 1 week ago, now no live track. All connections are working and permissions on. Garmin receives messages mid ride, phone has good data and both good battery. 

• I have the same problem, it started after the upgrade to version 4.30 of the garmin connect app. Whit the older version it worked whitout any problems

• Same thing here.  The original post could have been written by me.

I send out my LiveTrack info to about 4 email recipients.  All of the are reporting the same thing (as above).  When I get home I check the email that my wife has received as one of the recipients and at the top of the page it says "The activity is not yet complete bu the tracking session has ended".  Nothing has changed.

• I have tried everything that has worked for other problems in the past but there doesn't seem to be any getting around this.  Will someone either from Garmin or a forum member who has any ideas please respond.  I have logged off and then on again.  I have checked every setting but Livetrack is not working.  I rely on this function heavily.

• I ended up going back a version via apkmirror. Works OK now, simple to do just remember to turn off auto updates for your apps, then update other apps manually until garmin sort problems out. 

• crewtie, I appreciate the suggestion.  Although I am not one to cut off my nose to spite my face I will give that a try.  Although this is not the solution to our problem.  What upsets me most is that there has been no response from Garmin.  Since this problem does not appear to be universal I(1000's of people aren't complaining about the same problem) I would think there has to be a reasonable and simple answer as to why this is happening.

I have done my due diligence, I have read virtually every post from the last 3 years that described this problem.  I have not seen one response from Garmin.  Surely they have to have someone assigned to monitor these forums.  The 520 was their golden child for a long time and there are thousands of people still using them.

I guess I will first go through a complete uninstall/reinstall, re calibrate everything AGAIN and if that does not work I will take your advice and use an older version of the software.  Does anyone else see how ridiculous having to do all this is?  This is my 2nd Major problem I've had with this unit and as much as I hate to say it, I may be pulling out of the whole Garmin ecosystem soon and going somewhere else.

• I chatted with Garmin this afternoon.  It is a known problem.  I have sent them a diagnostic report per their request. We'll see what happens.  I do with they would have replied to this thread.and let us who are having this problem know that it is a known problem and they are working on it.

• Hopefully they will fix it. I've looked at other systems that offer live track, but no idea if any are more reliable. I'll keep searching. 
  • I have calmed down a bit since chatting with the Garmin rep and receiving some emails stating they are working on this problem.  What I don't understand is that as soon as I described what was happening he seemed to know what I was talking about.  I would have thought that monitoring these forums and responding to the masses would definitely cut down on the amount of contact they are/would be receiving from their customers.  Posting a "sticky" or responding to one of these threads seems to be the proactive thing to do.

I really do want to stay with Garmin and their eco-system. 

• Glad I found this forum as I am also having the same problem, have tried many things but nothing seems to fix the issue..

Hope they fix it soon