This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Blank screen with horizontal line on Garmin 520

I get a horizontal line and on a gray screen on Garmin after reset and restart 

• I had something like this, and I don't remember the exact incantation, but believe I fixed the issue when I got it to boot in the external drive mode and then had connect try to update firmware or such.  I did see this problem and thought the unit was lost.  It would boot partway normally, then go to the grey screen/line.  It was not a HW issue, and I have not seen it since once I made it go away.

• hi there,

i have the same issue... how can I fix it?

Please advise,

Slight smile

• Time has not helped me remember this more clearly - so all I have is what I wrote back 5 months ago.  Repeating here so that you won't have to log in to find it:

"I had something like this, and I don't remember the exact incantation, but believe I fixed the issue when I got [the 520plus to boot in the external drive mode (found in manual or online) and then had Connect (from PC) try to update firmware or such.  I did see this problem and thought the unit was lost.  It would boot partway normally, then go to the grey screen/line.  It was not a HW issue, and I have not seen it since once I made it go away."

Let us know how it goes.

r88

• Thank you very much...

However, I was trying to update firmware that hasn't solved the issue.

What do you mean by "boot in the external drive mode"?

:-)

• I must have found it on Google or on this forum

• I assume you meant using the "mass storage mode" which I've tried with no success :(