This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge520 - GPX to FIT file converter no longer working

This has recently appeared. Previously, GPX files loaded into the NewFiles folder were converted to FIT files, automatically on re-boot, and placed in the Courses folder. Now, a FIT file is generated in the Courses folder with the suffix _course added to the filename. However, the NewFiles GPX file remains and the device does not recognise the course file. Any ideas? BTW, I have tried re-installing firmware, run disc error checks and tested with GPX files that have worked in the past.
  • DId you get a response and fix for this - I have the same problem now 

• Check that the first 15 characters in the new course name doesn’t match a course name already on the device.

If there are lots of courses and activities stored on the device, try deleting some. I recall that there are limits on the numbers of courses and activities that can be stored even if space is available.

• Thanks, Peter. I did find that detail in past discussions and tried it without success.    I resolved it in the end.  I think my NewFiles folder had somehow corrupted.  I deleted both the NewFiles folder and the Courses folder - these were re-created as empty folders when the Garmin Edge restarted and then when I copied a gpx file to NewFiles everything worked as expected .  Phew !