This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 randomly shutting off while riding

Hi,

2 times within the last 2 months my 520 has shut off during a ride. Well over 70% on the battery. I can turn it back on without any problems and it'll stay on the rest of the ride. Each time it was at a different time & distance. Rail trail pavement riding.

Do I need to do a reset? Call Germins support? Is it checking out and I should be looking at an upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Tony
  • Where were you able to get a replacement battery? I got the case pulled apart very easily but I’m having trouble finding a reputable quality replacement battery online. Where did you manage to get on through?

• I’ve just installed battery No 3. The second one lasted about 15 months so I wouldn’t say it was of equivalent quality to the original.

I’m in Oz and got them from gadgetcity.com.au but they have sourced them from different suppliers.

Tip -  Check that the connector on the replacement is wired correctly. I’ve seen one that wasn’t.